Monday, January 24, 2011

No Parent Left Behind!!! The Very First Blog from Teacher, Christina Abramowski

Dear Parents,


THIS BLOG IS FOR YOU!!!!!


This is my 39th year teaching and I love it as if it were my first day!


It has been my theme for 39 years that PARENTS are the most important key to my success as a Teacher and your child's success as a student.


                   Therefore you see the title of my blog:    No Parent Left Behind!


"No 'Child' Left Behind" does not give us the full picture of academic success through a team effort. I've never liked it.   It singles out "students' success" through meeting testing goals.  I do not believe in that simplistic theory.  Successful education depends on a STRONG PARENT involvement!


Through this blog I will give Parents advice, activities, suggestions and support.....all in language that you can understand.  I will not try and use academic "mumbo jumbo" that leaves Parents feeling confused and frustrated.  I will do my best to answer your questions and guide you to others if I don't know the answer.  I will also be speaking to Teachers and share with them what I have learned over the years to become a successful Teacher.


My very first comment is to dedicate this blog to all of the Parents I have had the priviledge of working with in 39 years of teaching and to my first two school Principals who taught me that Parents deserve our very highest attention and strongest support - Mary Campbell and Barbara Benton.  Thank you all for making me a better person and a better Teacher!


I will now close and tell you to look forward to my next blog - knowing that No Parent will ever be left behind when I teach!


With a great fondness for Parents.  Love and Peace.  Christina


P.S  I still have to add all the bells and whistles that make a blog page look great!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christina! My blog didn't give me an email address to answer your question, so I'm hoping this works. You know, I've never tried size 15 needles with laceweight--it would make a VERY airy scarf which could indeed be beautiful, though as needles that big would make a pattern a bit harder to recognize, I might be tempted to try it with a simpler stitch pattern. But, then again, the nice waving pattern that Ostrich Plumes has could be quite marvelous with needles that big. I'd swatch it to see what it looks like if I were you.

    The stitch pattern is based on a 16-stitch repeat, so depending on the width you want, just add however many multiples of 16 you want, then do the pattern between the asterisks as many times as your new pattern needs. I might increase the number of border stitches if you're increasing the pattern width just to give it a bit more stability--maybe go to 8 stitches of stitch instead. How wide you want will depend on what size needles you end up with--with the big ones, you might only need another set or two.

    Happy knitting!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete